PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
RECIPROCAL COPYRIGHT PERMISSION
It is understood that Brett Gallery own the design and copyright of their designs and products. Brett Gallery expressly only permit the use of any image of a Brett Gallery design or product in any article published on the basis that such image or article containing that image may be used and published by Brett Gallery on the Brett Gallery website and the Brett Gallery official Facebook blog.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Brett Gallery.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide when ordering products online at www.brettgallery.com (“our site”) or over the phone with our customer services team. This includes, without limitation, the information provided when you subscribe to any of our services and/or posting material on our site or when you place your order over the phone. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our site and/or your order.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and record conversations for training and/or monitoring purposes.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are not obliged to respond to them.
We may also at times ask you for other information, for example, category preferences, age and any special dates (such as birthday and anniversary) which will be used to enhance our service to you. Providing us with this sort of information is entirely voluntary. However, we may not be able to process your order if you do not provide us with all the requested information.
Details of transactions you carry out through our site and/or over the phone and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Details of your visits to our site and the calls that you make to us including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
When placing an order with us:
We will also ask for the contact details including your telephone number/mobile telephone number so that we and/or our nominated courier can call you if there’s a problem (i.e. if a courier has a problem delivering).
We will ask for your email address and/or mobile telephone number so that we can send you an email confirming your order and so that we may send you additional marketing information through emails and SMS. Once you have registered on the Brett Gallery website, you will be able to edit your contact details and preferences as you see fit. You can opt out of receiving such information when setting up your account by simply clicking the “My Account” button in the top frame and click the “My Details” button. If you do not want to receive commercial communications from us, please change or amend your preferences by using the boxes available on that page.
Disclosures to add in forms and privacy policies:
If at any time you wish to unsubscribe to our mailing list, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. Alternatively, you will be able to unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link included in the footer of each email campaign sent.
N.B.: WE WILL ONLY ASK FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS IF YOU ARE PLACING AN ORDER. WE WILL NEVER ASK YOU TO CONFIRM ANY ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD DETAILS VIA EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE. IF YOU RECEIVE SUCH AN EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND AND NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY AT firstname.lastname@example.org
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
Speed up your searches.
Recognise you when you return to our site.
To help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
At Brett Gallery, we are committed to providing excellent customer service. So where you have provided us with personal information, you consent to our use of this to (without limitation): update and enhance customer records:
Process your orders effectively
Make your shopping experience with us as quick and as simple as possible.
Inform you of Brett Gallery offers that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. As well as notify you of events that may be happening in the gallery.
Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
Notify you about changes to our service.
Help to protect you from fraud (For instance we may carry out identity verification, credit or anti-fraud checks against your name using third party databases, which may involve disclosure to registered credit reference or fraud prevention agencies who may retain and use your personal information), carry out analysis and to help us manage our business, statutory returns and legal and regulatory compliance.
Send you catalogues.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we, or they may contact you about these by post or telephone (including, without limitation, SMS).
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We may also use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to consistently improve our site design and customer communication to better meet our visitors’ needs and to enhance the overall service we provide to our customers.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please opt-out by amending your preference options in your ‘Account’ or by emailing us at email@example.com
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Brett Gallery or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
To registered credit reference or fraud prevention agencies for the reasons already set out in this policy.
To our nominated third party carriers to enable them to deliver your order and to contact you if there is a problem with delivery (i.e. telephone, name and address only).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data and by amending marketing preferences in your ‘Account’. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you will be able to unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link included in the footer of each email campaign sent.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Brett Gallery operates this Web site (www.brettgallery.com). Brett Gallery is hereinafter referred to as “we” or “us”.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE. YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE CONFIRMS YOUR UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
- PRODUCTS, CONTENT AND SPECIFICATIONS. All features, content, specifications, products and prices of products and services described or depicted on this Web Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. All products have Brett Gallery branding. We make all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products, including the applicable colours; however, the actual colour you see will depend on your computer system and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colours. Unless otherwise stated, all product images are for illustration purposes only. The inclusion of any products or services in this Web Site at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use and sale of any item purchased from this Web Site. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner.
2. SHIPPING LIMITATIONS. When an order is placed, it will be shipped to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on this Web Site. Risk of loss for items purchased from this Web Site pass to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
3. ACCURACY OF INFORMATION. We attempt to ensure that information on this Web Site is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Web Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or validity of any information on this Web Site. For example, products included on the Web Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on the Web Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order. NOTE: The prices online may vary to the prices in our gallery.
4. USE OF THIS WEB SITE. The Web Site design and all text, graphics, information, content, and other material displayed on or that can be downloaded from this Web Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Brett Gallery and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or with the prior written permission of the owner of such material. You may not modify the information or materials located on this Web Site in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use any such materials for any public or commercial purpose. Any unauthorised use of any such information or materials may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and other laws and regulations. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and password and for restricting access to such information and to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
5. TRADEMARKS. Certain trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos used or displayed on this Web Site are registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of Brett Gallery. Other trademarks, trade names and service marks used or displayed on this Web Site are the registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on this Web Site grants or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos displayed on this Web Site without our written permission or the written permission of such third party owner.
6. LINKING TO THIS WEB SITE. Any permitted links to this Web Site must comply will all applicable laws, rule and regulations.
7. THIRD PARTY LINKS. From time to time, this Web Site may contain links to Web sites that are not owned, operated or controlled by us or our affiliates. All such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Web Site. Neither we nor any of our affiliates are responsible for any content, materials or other information located on or accessible from any other Web site. Neither we nor any of our affiliates endorse, guarantee, or make any representations or warranties regarding any other Web site, or any content, materials or other information located or accessible from such Web sites, or the results that you may obtain from using such Web sites. If you decide to access any other Web site linked to or from this Web Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
8. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libellous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. In addition to any remedies that we may have at law or in equity, if we reasonably determine that you have violated or are likely to violate the foregoing prohibitions, we may take any action we reasonably deem necessary to cure or prevent the violation, including without limitation, the immediate removal from this Web Site of the related materials.
10. DISCLAIMERS.Your use of this web site is at your risk. The materials and services provided in connection with this web site are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. Neither we nor any of our affiliates warrant the accuracy or completeness of the materials or services on or through this web site. The materials and services on or through this web site may be out of date, and neither we nor any of their affiliates make any commitment or assumes any duty to update such materials or services. The foregoing exclusions of implied warranties do not apply to the extent prohibited by law. Please refer to your local laws for any such prohibitions.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. We assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing this Web Site or your downloading of any materials, from this Web Site. In no event will we, our respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, affiliates, parent corporations, agents, successors, assigns, retail partners nor any party involved in the creation, production or transmission of this web site be liable to any party for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this web site, any web sites linked to this web site, or the materials, information or services contained at any or all such web sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations of liability do not apply to the extent prohibited by law. Please refer to your local laws for any such prohibitions.
12. REVISIONS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time and from time to time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then current Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Web Site.
13. CHOICE OF LAW; JURISDICTION. These Terms and Conditions supersede any other agreement between you and us to the extent necessary to resolve any inconsistency or ambiguity between them. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the England, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions shall be admissible in judicial and administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
14. TERMINATION. You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Web Site at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Web Site at any time without notice.